Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Minor Project Proposal

I will be working on remixing a track that I recorded for a friend’s band a while back. The song is “Voicemail” and the band is Blind Man Leading. The original mix sounded okay, but I want to make it more commercial sounding.  I still have all of the files from the session.
I will do all of the mixing at my house. I will work on it on weekends when I have time.
The mixing inspirations for the piece are “Time Flies” by Porcupine Tree and “Thinking of You” by Katy Perry. I want the mix to have a commercial vibe like the Katy Perry song, but still retain some of it’s “raw” qualities like the Porcupine Tree track.
I will bring to the project a new perspective. The original mix was influenced a lot by the artist. This one will be all me.
 
The only hurdles that I expect to face are time constraints and perhaps a bit of trouble lining up the tracks in Pro Tools, since they were recorded with Adobe Audition.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a good project to work on. Hopefully the files are all the same length, which makes lining them up much easier.

    How will you incorporate Reason into this?

    ReplyDelete