Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Major Project Proposal


For the Major project, I will be re-doing the sound for a short film that my roommate made last semester. It was shot well but I think the sound I think the sound could have been done a little better. It's hard to make out the dialog in some parts and some of the sound effects don't sound that good.
I will work on it when I have time during the week in the audio labs.

Inspirations for the work will be the films, Apocalypse Now and Being Johns Malkovich, which I feel both had very good sound.
My roommate originally mixed the sound for the film, but I feel I could bring in some audio experience and make it sound better.
The only hurdles I expect to face are time constraints.

2 comments:

  1. Jeff, that sounds good. If he edited in Final Cut, you can ask him for an OMF file, that could be imported in 006, so that he doesn't have to individually export each track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention that you need to think about the surround mix for this as well.

    ReplyDelete